In response to the growing concern about the Coronavirus (COVID-19), leadership at the Timbers of Shorewood has made the decision to prohibit all visitors to the community. Health care workers and caregivers are still able to provide services for residents at the community.
We are making every effort to stay on top of this developing situation, as we recognize our residents are the most vulnerable to the virus. We pledge, as always, that the health and safety of our residents is our most important priority.
We look forward to welcoming the public into Timbers events and activities again very soon.
More from the State of Illinois
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, public health officials urge the general public to take the same precautions as during flu season — with renewed vigilance:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Cover your cough or sneeze
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Clean often touched surfaces frequently
- Maintain social distance (3 feet) between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing
- Avoid visiting long-term care facilities, such as nursing homes, especially if you’re sick
- Stay home if you do not feel well
- Plan a safe visit to the doctor if you experience any symptoms
The Timbers of Shorewood is a rental retirement community which provides senior independent living and assisted living apartments and a full schedule of activities and services. Residents whose needs may change are able to stay in the same place and receive appropriate and compassionate care. Furnished apartments are also available for a short-term stay – a weekend, a week, a month or longer.
Typically the Timbers of Shorewood hosts more than 300 activities and events each month, many are free and open to the public. Again, we look forward to welcoming the public into Timbers events and activities again very soon. For more information call 815-609-0669.