For the second year in a row, The Timbers of Shorewood was voted the “Best Senior Care Community in Will County” in the 2023 Herald-News’ Readers’ Choice Awards. The community was invited to submit on-line votes during the month of September for favorite businesses in multiple categories.
The Timbers was honored at the winners’ celebration of the Best of Will County Readers’ Choice Awards on Tuesday, November 28 at the Jacob Henry Mansion Estate in Joliet.
“We are humbled by this designation,” said Sheila Albor, director of marketing for The Timbers. “We thank the Herald-News for creating the Readers’ Choice Awards and for recognizing our efforts.”
In 2002, The Timbers of Shorewood opened its doors to gracious senior living in the greater Will County area. Located at 1100 N. River Rd., Shorewood. The Timbers is an independent and assisted living rental community with 186 one- and two-bedroom apartments.
The Timbers plays an integral role as a neighbor in the community by incorporating the public into its fold. Families from the surrounding areas are invited to educational and social events each month. In addition, The Timbers opens its meeting space to many local community clubs and organizations.
Read reviews about the Timbers of Shorewood on our review page.
Awards for Senior Housing
- 2024 Best of Senior Living – National Senior Living Placement Service (All Star)
- 2023 Best Senior Care Facility in Will County – Herald-News’ Readers’ Choice Awards
- 2023 Most Friendly in Senior Living – National Senior Living Placement Service
- 2023 Best of Senior Living – National Senior Living Placement Service
- 2022 Best Senior Care Facility in Will County – Herald-News’ Readers’ Choice Awards
- 2016 Large Business of the Year – Shorewood Area Chamber of Commerce
About the Timbers of Shorewood
The Timbers of Shorewood Senior Living is a rental retirement community that provides senior independent living and assisted living apartments and a full schedule of activities and services. Residents whose needs may change are able to stay in the same place and receive appropriate and compassionate care. Furnished apartments are also available for short-term stays.
For more information, call 815-609-0669.