The Timbers of Shorewood began with the vision of two military veterans who wanted to create active retirement living in a community that would stand apart from others in both service and spirit. That vision and their experience of more than thirty years with senior communities served as the foundation in developing The Timbers of Shorewood, and exceptional senior community in an ideal setting.
The Timbers put out the welcome mat in 2002 and became not only an affable (and affordable) home for seniors but a great resource to Shorewood and surrounding towns such as Plainfield, Minooka, Channahon and Joliet. Timbers’ events and activities draw people of all ages. The large scale ballroom is frequently alive with “the sound of music” at monthly ballroom dances for residents and the public. The Timbers, an industry leader, provides unsurpassed services, amenities and programs.
The original vision continues to this day as The Timbers is still owned and operated by the same two men who created it. They remain involved and committed to excellence. Their strong support to the management staff ensures that The Timbers continues its legacy of distinction.
- 2023 Best Senior Care Facility in Will County – Herald-News’ Readers’ Choice Awards
- 2023 Most Friendly in Senior Living – National Senior Living Placement Service
- 2023 Best of Senior Living – National Senior Living Placement Service
- 2022 Best Senior Care Facility in Will County – Herald-News’ Readers’ Choice Awards
- 2016 Large Business of the Year – Shorewood Area Chamber of Commerce