The Timbers of Shorewood supports and promotes active and healthy senior living. Residents enjoy a convenient on-site fitness center, twice daily fitness and exercise classes and an ongoing educational health series titled, “Quality of Life.”
Health and Fitness Center
- Recumbent and upright bikes
- Elliptical machine
- More than a dozen resistance machines for strength training
- Pulley strengthening system
Fitness and Exercise Classes for Seniors
- Sittercise: 9:30 a.m. Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
This is a sitting calisthenics class where participants use a chair for support while doing gentle exercises.
- Sittercise Made Easy: 10:15 a.m. Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
- Yoga: 1 p.m. Wednesdays
Yoga can increase muscle tone, balance, and strength. It frequently improves mood and counteracts stress. Participants can expect their posture to improve, and they may sleep better.
- Exercise and Flexibility: 6 p.m. Mondays
Sheila Wallace, an instructor who specializes in arthritis, leads a sitting exercise class.