The Timbers of Shorewood supports and promotes active and healthy senior living. Residents enjoy a convenient on-site fitness center, twice daily fitness and exercise classes and an ongoing educational health series titled, “Quality of Life.”
Fun classes such as Music and Movement take place weekly and features a music therapist. Residents interact with movement and reminisce about the nostalgic music being performed.
Health and Fitness Center
- Recumbent and upright bikes
- Elliptical machine
- More than a dozen resistance machines for strength training
- Pulley strengthening system
Fitness and Exercise Classes for Seniors
- Sittercise: 9:30 a.m. Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
This is a sitting calisthenics class where participants use a chair for support while doing gentle exercises.
- Sittercise Made Easy: 10:15 a.m. Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
- Yoga: 1 p.m. Wednesdays
Yoga can increase muscle tone, balance, and strength. It frequently improves mood and counteracts stress. Participants can expect their posture to improve, and they may sleep better.
- Exercise and Flexibility: 6 p.m. Mondays
Sheila Wallace, an instructor who specializes in arthritis, leads a sitting exercise class.