Short-Term Stay Rental Retirement Community
Children of all ages and their families are invited to the annual Hippity-Hop Easter Egg Hunt from 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Saturday, March 31, at The Timbers of Shorewood, 1100 N. River Rd., Shorewood.
More than 15,000 eggs have been ordered for this year’s indoor and outdoor egg hunts which begin at 10:45 a.m. Hunts will continue throughout the day until the eggs run out.
- Toddlers up to age three will meet indoors at the balloon pits.
- Children age four to eight should meet in the back near the loading dock.
- Children age nine to 12 should meet in the back near the loading dock.
The egg hunt will feature prizes for everyone along with plenty of kid-friendly entertainment including:
- Photos with the Easter Bunny starting at 11:15 a.m.
- Petting zoo
- Caricature artists for ages 13 years and younger
- Pearl Poodles – Darlene Bull
- Juggler, magician and balloon artist
- Games, prizes, popcorn, hot chocolate and cookies
Eggs and bunnies are symbolic of spring and rebirth. Birds tend to lay their eggs in the spring, and rabbits are very fertile animals whose babies are known to scurry about this time of year.
Just as these symbols have turned into tradition, the Timbers’ egg hunt has become a highly-attended and anticipated event for the entire community.
The Timbers of Shorewood is a rental retirement community that provides independent and assisted living apartments and a full schedule of activities and services. Residents whose needs may change are able to stay in the same place and receive appropriate and compassionate care. Furnished apartments are also available for short-term stays.
The egg hunt event is free and open to the public. For more information call 815-609-0669.