Short-Term Stay Rental Retirement Community
Children of all ages and their families are invited to the 11th annual Hippity-Hop Easter Egg Hunt from 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Saturday, April 15, at The Timbers of Shorewood, 1100 N. River Rd., Shorewood.
More than 15,000 eggs have been filled for this year’s indoor and outdoor egg hunts which begin at 10:45 a.m. Hunts will continue throughout the day until the eggs run out.
- Toddlers up to age three will participate in an indoor egg hunt and meet in the back loading dock area.
- Children age four to eight should meet in the back loading dock area.
- Children age nine to 12 should meet in the back loading dock area.
The egg hunt will feature candy for everyone along with plenty of kid-friendly entertainment including:
- Photos with the Easter Bunny starting at 10:30 a.m.
- Petting zoo
- Draft horses giving wagon rides
- Caricature artists for ages 13 years and younger
- Bead poodles – Darlene Bull
- Portrait artist – Russ Schrek – for ages 13 years and younger
- Juggler, magician and balloon artist
- Games, prizes, popcorn, hot chocolate and cookies
Although it is unclear where exactly the egg hunt tradition stems from, eggs and bunnies are symbolic of spring and rebirth. Birds tend to lay their eggs in the spring, and rabbits are very fertile animals whose babies are known to scurry about this time of year.
Just as these symbols have turned into tradition, the Timbers’ egg hunt has become a highly-attended and anticipated event within the community.
Named the 2016 Business of the Year by the Shorewood Area Chamber of Commerce, The Timbers of Shorewood is a rental retirement community that provides independent and assisted living apartments and a full schedule of activities and services. Residents whose needs may change are able to receive appropriate and compassionate care. Furnished apartments are also available for short-term stays.
The egg hunt event is free and open to the public. For more information call 815-609-0669.